LipSense® is the premier product of SeneGence™ and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color. As the original long-lasting lip color, it is water-resistant, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own color palette by combining colors from over 30 shades.
Your customized look will last even longer and your lips will stay moist and plump with LipSense® moisturizing glosses.
If you are a first time buyer, it is recommended to buy a LipSense® Color, LipSense® Gloss, and the Ooops! Remover as this gives you everything you need to get started.
- Long-lasting lipstick – stays on for up to 18 hours!
- Kiss-proof, smudge-proof, budge-proof
- Amazing UVA & UVB sun protection
- Nature-friendly ingredients & water-resistant formula
The Science Behind LipSense® Liquid Lip Colour
This unique product is waterproof and does not smear off, rub off, nor kiss off! And, just as important, it does not dry out your lips. In fact, it restores the moisture content of your lips when used properly. Liquid lip color can last anywhere between 4 and 18 hours and is a non-wax liquid lip color that stays on your skin. The proprietary formulations and color pigments in LipSense® help create a physical covering for the lips, and so the color pigments help to protect the lips from the sun’s rays. That is just one of the reasons your lips become so smooth and soft with consistent use of the lipstick.
The patented formulation technology includes:
- SD Alcohol 40 – SD Alcohol 40 is nothing close to Isopropyl Alcohol – or rubbing alcohol. In fact, you need SD Alcohol 40 to apply it to lips, while rubbing alcohol instantly removes it from the skin. We do not recommend the use of rubbing alcohol on the skin because it dries out the skin. It is formulated with SD Alcohol 40 because:
- It is thinner than water and suspends the tiny particles within the formula.
- It immediately evaporates from the skin upon the delivery of the technology to the skin. (The “tingling” sensation felt on the lips, when some wearers first begin to use the color, is the evaporation process of the SD Alcohol 40, felt within the dry cracks of the lips. This sensation disappears as lower layers of skin’s moisture content are restored by the use of the moisturizing gloss.)
- Tiny Particles
The particles that help the color pigments to molecularly bind to the skin. Over time, the particles begin to detach from the skin’s surface. The rate at which this occurs varies tremendously and is based upon the pH-balance of each person’s skin and the color they’ve chosen to wear for the day.
- Color Pigments
Each tube of color has a varied formulation and mixture of color pigments to arrive at a specific color. Some colors naturally last longer than others because of the different body chemistry of each wearer, plus some colors are thicker or richer in color pigmentations, while others are sheer and thinner.
- Layering is a must due to the fact the color breaks down with the pH balance of the skin.
- 1st layer – touches the skin’s pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
- 2nd layer – protected from the bottom, away from the skin’s pH, by the first layer.
- 3rd layer – protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of color by keeping away friction, saliva and the natural environment.
- The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.
- Glossing – It is important to know the long-lasting properties of the lipstick are enhanced by any of the moisturizing glosses from LipSense®. The gloss products also help to keep the lips moist and plump.